Chicago Divorce Lawyers
HELPING YOU NAVIGATE THE LEGAL COMPLEXITIES
Chicago Divorce Lawyers
Helping You Navigate the Complexities of Divorce in Cook County
Life and your marriage are going through some major changes. If you're wondering whether or not you really want to divorce your spouse, or if you want a legal separation, you might ask yourself, "Do I really want to divorce my spouse? How do I respond? Where can I find help? Would I even be able to move out or pay support? What are my legal rights? How is divorce and legal separation handled in Illinois? What are my rights and responsibilities?" If you're unsure where to begin, our divorce lawyers in Chicago are ready to help.
At Reed, Centracchio & Associates, LLC, we never lose sight of the fact that divorce is both serious business and raw emotion. As you go through the most difficult time in your life, you need a law firm that is dependable, accessible, skilled, and proactive — one that listens to you and understands your objectives and fears. Optimally, you need a team whose combined knowledge and experience in dealing with every facet of divorce will be directed at your unique circumstances, needs, and goals.
Ready to put a proven team on your divorce case? Learn more by contacting us online or at (312) 500-8344 for a free initial consultation. We serve all of Chicago, Hinsdale, Cook County, DuPage County, Will County, and Kane County.
How Can We Help Your Divorce Case in Illinois?
In any divorce case in Chicago or elsewhere in the U.S., you will need to address and resolve those issues that are pertinent to your circumstances.
These issues can include:
- Child custody and visitation: Now referred to as parental responsibilities and parenting time, this is often an adversarial matter that calls for skilled and sensitive representation aligned with the court’s objective of the child’s best interests.
- Child support: This issue is determined in accordance with Illinois state calculation guidelines.
- Division of marital property and debt: Illinois divides and distributes assets based on the policy of “equitable distribution,” which may or may not result in an even split.
- Spousal support: Alimony (known in Illinois as "maintenance") is awarded based on the circumstances of your case and calculated according to a state-guided formula.
Our team is adept at handling cases of any size. Some clients have already negotiated the larger parts of an agreement with their spouse and just want our firm to draft the paperwork and shepherd the case through the courts. Others have issues that require more attention and preparation in order to negotiate, mediate, or take the case to court.
Understanding the Divorce Process in Illinois
Divorce can be a complex and emotional process, especially when it involves navigating the legal system. Our team of experienced Chicago divorce lawyers is here to help you understand the divorce process in Illinois and guide you through each step.
Key aspects of the divorce process in Illinois include:
- Filing for divorce: Understanding the legal requirements and paperwork involved in initiating the divorce process.
- Division of assets and debts: Navigating the complexities of dividing marital property and debts in accordance with Illinois law.
- Child custody and support: Addressing the sensitive issues of child custody, visitation, and child support arrangements.
- Spousal support: Exploring the options for spousal support (alimony) and advocating for a fair resolution.
- Mediation and litigation: Discussing the potential avenues for resolving divorce issues, whether through mediation or litigation.
- Negotiation and Settlement: Spouses have the opportunity to negotiate and reach a settlement agreement on various issues. Alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation are commonly used.
- Court Proceedings: If an agreement cannot be reached, the case goes to court. The judge will make decisions on unresolved matters after considering evidence and arguments presented by both parties.
By understanding the divorce process in Illinois, you can feel more empowered and informed as you navigate this challenging time. Our team is here to provide the guidance and support you need to achieve a favorable outcome in your divorce case.
We Assist High-Asset Divorces
High-asset cases often require more investigation to locate hidden or transferred assets. Whatever the need, our team offers the depth necessary to determine true business valuations, locate funds, accurately appraise real estate, and secure a fair outcome at settlement or trial.
For high-asset cases with substantial disagreement, we collaborate closely with experienced forensic accountants and private investigators. Together we follow paper trails and use evidence to build a solid case for our clients. Simply stated, we earn our reputation for being aggressive, prepared, and proactive.
Why Turn to Reed, Centracchio & Associates, LLC?
In every divorce, there is only one outcome. You will have one chance to get it right. The results are long-lasting and too important to leave to a less diligent firm. That is why we recommend that you bring such a critical legal matter to our competent team of Chicago divorce attorneys.